Wednesday, February 13, 2008



No doubt Valentine's Day is pagan, whether you
believe the story about a Roman priest who was martyred,
or the account from the Roman Empire, where in ancient Rome,
Feb. 14th was a holiday to honor Juno, the Queen of the
Roman Gods and Goddesses.


Whatever the truth, we in the US have turned it into a
'love' - send flowers' buy candy, 'commercial' holiday.
Having finished with my trivia.....
let's see what I came up with for this day of 'love' from

my bird friends to my blogger faithfuls



A heartfelt hello from Mr. tufted titmouse

Mrs. Cardinal sings a 'love you' song.
Red-belly wishes - to all of you out there.



If it says love you..... then


I love you too.
a butt is all you get from the carolina wren....

As the dove falls asleep before it gets to be his turn.


Happy Valentines Day to all of you....




2 comments:

Bird Girl said...

Cute! I love the picture of the dove sleeping - against the white - he looks so calm and peaceful in the cold!

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

GREAT imagination, Jane!! The Titmouse on the door display looks like he really belongs there! Very nice touch.

Site Meter