Saturday, December 20, 2008

A "Deer Hunter's" Door Wreath

Last year after Christmas I was at Tractor Supply
(one of my Favorite cowboy up stores) and I saw
a wreath for hunters... costing 35 buckaroonies.
I said to myself.... self: "you can make one of these"
and for a lot less money.
So I started to gather what I needed.
My brother is a big time hunter and I thought it
was the perfect unique gift for him.

so.... lets begin.
Some red shot gun shells


A cute little camouflage girl with dangling legs


A matching camo guy ... same dangling legs

Check out the pretty ribbon with the deer sporting
the big rack .....
and more green AND red shells


Now for the perfect 'deer' family. Mom, pops
and baby fawn


Put it all together.... and voila you have the "deer hunter's wreath"

Light 'er up and watch her shine!! Isn't she lovely?
My brother will be proud to hang it on his door.

shells: free
camo figures: $1.98 ea. on sale $3.96
ribbon: 3.98 on sale 3.98
deer family 7.00 7.00
grand total= $14.94

To God Be The Glory ~ Great Things He Hath Done


3 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

That's very clever and it turned out so neat! The hunters in my family would love it too.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That is so cute.O.K. cute is probably not the words a hunter would use,but you know what I mean.I have a brother-in-law who would love that.Don't think his wife would approve.
Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to grasp so much approximately
this, such as you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you simply could do with some p.
c. to force the message house a little bit, however other than that,
this is magnificent blog. An excellent read. I'll certainly be back.

Feel free to surf to my blog post: www.niwawriters.net

Site Meter