Thursday, November 20, 2008

More from the Archives...

Emily Dickins said:
Hope is a thing with feathers, That perches in the soul.

In July of 2006 my Grand daughter Alison was just turning
five. She got a trampoline for her birthday.
While in the yard that day she came running to tell me
a bird had fallen from a tree. The nest was too high to
put it back.

It looked like a blue jay to me and no mama bird
was anywhere in sight.

As soon as we got near it lifted it's head up to be fed

We placed it into the forsythia bush and hoped the mama
would return and find it.

Alison 'petted' it until it closed it eyes and fell asleep

We left it there and and when we returned later
it was gone. I told Alison the mama had come and got it.
I do not know what happened to it.


Anonymous said...

I hope it made it.

Shellmo said...

I pray this sweet thing made it!

The Birdlady said...

What a sweet baby...I hope you were right! Wonderful chance for Alison to see ir up close.

Marsha said...

What a beautiful little birdie, but I love the story of how your granddaughter came to get you to rescue it.

NCmountainwoman said...

You are absolutely right. Of course the mother came and got the baby.

Lovely post.

Bird Girl said...

That was such a nice happening between Grandma & Granddaughter - and a very nice memory to tuck away!

Craig Glenn said...

What a great story and blessing to have these photo's. Imagine the meaning they will have in the coming generations. I can picture your grandchild telling this story to her child or grandchild some day. Just look at the emotions triggered on people you have never meet. I am learing an important lesson with this whole blogging experience.... sorry, I am getting carried away.... what I meant to say was Great story and pic's!


Tina said...

What great pictures! I'm sure that the mother came to get her young. A few yrs ago a cat attacked a nest of young sparrows near my house and I happen to be close by. I scooped up all the babies and carried them into my house in the fold of my tee shirt. They all looked close to b eing ready to fly. I kept them on towels in a cardboard box and fed them crushed mealworms, they stayed with us overnight and the next morning I put the box out on our deck on its side and within 20 min the mother was back and walked and hopped ea one off the deck into the pines lining our yard. She got everyone out and away they went!
end of to have faith! :)

Site Meter