Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kestrels.....They're everywhere

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting
station, through which God speaks to us
every hour, if we will only tune in.
George Washington Carver
WKsTRL ~ Tune in for Kestrels.........


Get ready for some of the best shots!








Dad tending the nest.

Two boys playing hopscotch on a very small area

You say you have an itch there?

Not quite ready to fly..

It's hard to balance on this thingy.

Mom ever watching.. She was a good mom!

The first sign of life in the nest....mom bringing cicadas

Dad was a good dad too.... ever watching is what they did.

From lofty high points.

Baby boy exploring the roof after coming out of the nest
Only girl, down on the roof.


Brothers discussing hunting?

More antics on the ledge

I'm so handsome.... check out the 'pin' feathers on top
of my head.

Top of the world

Once they came out they were 'everywhere'

Can you see me now?

Then there was the tree 'action' - 3 babies at once.

One has captured prey....

But there is a 'take away' and the other has it now

Hey! Do I look fat in this picture?

First picture of the baby girl in the tree.

Feeding is exhausting and makes the parents
hungry for food for themselves.


A Popular haunt once they were all out of the nest.
(top of building next door to the nest)



Everyday I look out this window as I go up and down the
steps to my office......and I long to see the picture below.
Kestrel in the tree.





But.... I will have to wait on next year and hope one of
these beautiful birds decides to call this home.


I hope I haven't bored you all with KESTREL mania. One more post
and I promise I will be done!!

To God be The Glory ~ Great Things He Hath Done.

8 comments:

Lake Lady said...

Jalynn...I LOVE this series on the kestrels! Such fabulous photos and entertaining commentary! Stop by my Gun Barrel City Daily Photo blog tomorrow to pick up a surprise, please! Keep up the great work!!

The Birdlady said...

Definitely NEVER boring! More like amazing! I'm loving these pictures. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have had them for a season and we are seeing them for the first time. The closest I can come to this would be a family of robins. LOL not quite the same as Kestrels.

Marsha said...

No way am I bored! These are just such wonderful shots, I especially like the 3 brothers talking with the rough wood siding background. The antenna shot with the "call letters" is just too funny, I love all the shots and commentary and look forward to the next post.

Lake Lady said...

Jalynn, I totally understand! There's no pressure for anyone to continue this. But I'm sure everyone who sees your site will agree that you should copy/paste the award there! Best of luck in your busy life...God Bless.
Readers: don't you agree Jalynn earned the Brillante Weblog award and should post the logo?? :-)

jalynn01 said...

Lake Lady: Thank you so much for believing my blog worthy of an award! You are too kind.

Bird girl: thanks to you best friend for sharing this adventure.

Birdlady:Thanks as always

Abe: I love your blog, from Robins to scenes around your town to nostalgic writings. Love it! Everyone has something different to offer ..

Marsha: Thanks to you and so glad you love these Kestrels as much as I do!!

Shelley said...

These photos and their stories are such a gift!! I so hope that one of them returns next year!

jalynn01 said...

Thank you Shelly, me too!

Site Meter