Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Once in a Lifetime....

For me this is a 'Once in a Lifetime' experience.
I feel so blessed to have witnessed it!

The Red arrow shows the nest sight and the square box
is the first Female Kestrel that came out of the nest.
Quite a little drop. She was seen on the ground in the parking
lot by barbie when she arrived last Friday.




Mom and Dad were watching and screaming...
I don't know if that was a cheering section or a
warning... Mom screams and dad does an alarm!

You ask "How did the little baby get back on the lower roof?"
Well like any smart gal would do ..she takes the steps!!

She hopped and flapped until she reached the top

Looking quite smug when she got there.

She is seen doing the Victory Dance across the roof.


Fluffing a few feathers... glad to be free


Yes, Mom I'm OK..


Or is she looking at her brother still up there and saying
'Come on Down!"


Are you still watching me dad?




Believe it or not .. This is the one and only picture I could get of the baby kestrel being fed. Dad is seen here bringing food and baby's mouth is wide open. They are so secretive about this duty that it is difficult to catch them in the act. I feel blessed to have had this opportunity to document, and share the nesting and fledging of these beautiful illusive falcons.





Stay tuned for the baby album to come and more Kestrel~antics.

To God be the Glory ~ Great Things He Hath done!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

What a wonderful thing this must have been to witness. I love all the shots but the baby kestrel is just too cute for words. I look forward to more of the baby album. Thank you so much for sharing this once in a lifetime experience with us!

Shelley said...

I just love being able to peek into their lives like this through your photos and witnessing nature's miracles!

Site Meter