Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Backyard Birding

Sometimes when you are least expecting it....
You see something different in the back yard.
I was returning from a quick trip to the bank
pulling into the driveway I saw this
bird fly into a tree. It sure looked like a hawk,
but was so small.


I'm sure he was searching for breakfast, and kept
flying from one place to another. The sharpie feeds
mostly on birds and I had filled the feeders for
the many song birds I get. I'm sure my place looked
like a 'birdie' McDonald's.


As you can see when he landed on the roof of my shed....
He is about the size of blue jay. (excuse the blur)
In this shot you can see his beautiful slate gray back
and the dark and light gray on his tail.


As quickly as he came , he was gone. But I was happy
to get such a shot in my own backyard!

3 comments:

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Pretty awesome shot Jalynn!! You're pretty lucky and you certainly got some great shots!

Jotter Jan said...

Guess that makes you a SHARP Shooter...or should I say...Sharpie Shooter;-) lol Great shots Jane!

Site Meter