Saturday, March 2, 2019

Florida in February

If there's one place you want to be in February……..It would be Florida!  I went there in 2014, 15, and 16...  I'll share some of the sights I captured....
 

 
 
 

 
Life is relaxed and easy at Ocala Sun RV park where I stayed with my brother..

 
 Swim at the pool
Or.....Hook up with friends and go out on the boat and look for wildlife..
 
 
 

My brother David facing the camera.
Heading down St. Johns River


Nesting Double Breasted Cormorants
Close up the mature males have beautiful turquoise eyes
 
 
 
This male is doing a mating dance

The white Ibis will congregate in the trees along the river

The pink legs and long curved beak set them apart from other birds
Notice the black on the tips of their wings.  They feed in shallow water.  Sexes are similar
 

Almost missed this Barred Owl sitting among the trees with hanging moss in background....blended right in.  This owl has brown eyes not yellow as seen in most owl species.
 
An Osprey flies overhead.
 
I cant leave out the Herons we saw..... from
The Great Blues
 

To the Little Blue
The Tri-Colored
and The Black Crowned Night Heron...... 
After much bird watching we needed to stop to refuel

Stopped off at The Blue Gator for lunch...

 
 

To God be the Glory  ~~ Great Things He Hath Done 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 


1 comment:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh wow! All those birds is almost enough to make me want to go there.

Site Meter