Monday, January 5, 2009

Sunday Afternoon Sightings...

Another
jane & barbie adventure
Warning: really really far away from the subjects I captured, and
with the capability of my camera no way to get closer.

On Sunday we decided to go look for the Snowy Owl.
Barb had already been there and seen it a couple of times
so it was my turn to see if I could see it. A life bird for me.

The first sighting was a Male Am. Kestrel on a line.


And then a nice big Red Tail Hawk in some trees.



I did get him taking off and a flight picture

You can see his big Red Tail fanned out


A Female N. Harrier was giving us a show but again! far away


I got one a little closer

Later the Male showed up in the sky & circled together..
Bird Girl may have some of these photos on her blog...she
uses a DSLR and it gets the action better than my Sony

Awww Yeah!! The Snowy. This is the terrain and how far
away the owl was on Sunday. Coming down from the top he
was on the second snow line going across.



Taken from a different angle but just as far away as the
shot above.
Yep! There he is. Look at the horse in the background and
come forward & to the right. That's it!!! Kinda looked like
an albino ground hog standing in the field. haha
But I DID see it.



We had a good time no matter how far away the birds were....
A good Friend makes all things twice as fun!


To God be The Glory ~~ Great Things He Hath Done

5 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I will agree that you can have a good time with a friend,birds or not.The Kestrat and Hawk at leastgave you a good view.
Blessings,Ruth

Peggy said...

Snowy! I am searching for one around me too. Haven't found it yet...maybe today is the day...

Looks like you had a great day though, and good luck on seeing him closer, maybe on another day!

Congrats on your lifer!

The Birdlady said...

Lucky, lucky you.

Anonymous said...

So many beautiful creatures to photograph. You are so lucky.

Shelley said...

I love going birding w/ friends! And exciting that you saw the Kestral & hawk!

Site Meter