Thursday, August 21, 2008

Splish Splash..... Bird Nest?

If I were a bird would I want to nest in a really Splashing place with lotsa action?
Everyday when I come home from work I park at the 'Splish Splash Car Wash' and get my mail. Last week I kept hearing baby birds and so I got to looking around. Now if you were a bird would you choose to build a nest at a busy car wash? I think not, but surprise! this is what I found. A Splashy place to build a nest










What letter would I choose.... It would have to be one that holds my nesting
material without falling out. The P was a good guess.....and yes there were
nesting material but no birds. They must have fledged.
I still can hear the chirping..so I continue to look.









The Red R was my next guess. Bingo!


So I got comfortable and sat and waited. Soon...... mom arrives

Feeding baby #1

Is that all there was? Hey! We're still hungry in here

Awww come on.... mom!

Get me a big juicy bug

Hey! I'll be happy with a worm


or even a little tiny bee

It looks like mom is thinking this over.

Ok says baby... I'll shut up and wait

But Mom! There's a fly right out there ...get it for me!!

waa waa waa

Pleeeeeese.....

All righty then we'll sit here and be good until you come back.

So devotedly birds tend to their young in the
nest, and so intuitively they gently nudge
them to flight.

To God be The Glory ~ Great Things He Hath done.



6 comments:

Leedra said...

Another example of we have to keep our eyes open at all times, or we will miss that window of opportunity. Great photos.

Shelley said...

What a great find and cute pictures!

The Birdlady said...

You've done a great job when you make me say "Aw, how cute" at house sparrows!

jalynn01 said...

thanks girls

No matter what the bird when mom feeds babies they all become cute!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it was super hot there in their nest? These are very nice photographs by the way. I would never have thought to look up at a sign like this to see a bird's nest.

I will put the Deer Hunting story on the Brookville Blog for Sunday (or tomorrow). I sometimes wonder if I could still walk through the woods without making a sound.

Marsha said...

Such cute photos!

Site Meter